Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blog 1

I had previously taken Philosophy 120 with Christian Hipp and resolved to drop the class slightly before mid-terms. Along with my many other classes that semester, it seemed impossible for me to make a B, much less an A. Regardless, I decided that I should just take it during a less hectic semester. Fortunately, this class was offered and recommended by my advisor. So, after having an estimated third of a semester with the hardcore, in-depth evalution of the early western thinkers, I did know what phiosophy is prior to this class.

As an added benefit to this specific course, Evans needed an additional Ethics/Religion course, so it was an obvious sign (if I had not already decided to take it-so it just reaffirmed everything!) that this was the class to take. Before, when we had nothing more than marching band together, we started hanging out together outside of class and continuing philisophical converstations well into the next day. We discussed such topics as the peculiarity of the memory and the aspects of IQ tests and how it only estimates the speed and "hard drive" capabilities of one's "processor".

My reasoning skills are very adept, at least to the level of severity that I require by this point in my life. My decision to drop the previous philosophy class took about a week of applying my reasoning skills to this possibly life changing decision. I always rely on my specific reasoning process with most of my "ethical" decisions. Fortunately for me, the decision didn't result poorly as I am graduating this December after only seven semester and two summer courses before graduation. Although, just today I had to use my reasoning process again. My parents are trying to move to the middle of the country and for them to pay the $850 for this single class would set them back a few months. So, as a resolution, I decided to add a class this summer session so I can get a loan for my parents' sake- as I will have to pay off the money myself gradually- also alleviating the over 18-hour class load for the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment